Saturday, April 10, 2010

When we are weak.....

I was reading the daily blog from Proverbs 31 Ministries and today's message dealt with overcoming trials or "potholes" in our life. These potholes pop up all the time, some worse than others. To those dealing with "potholes" here is some encouraging scripture. I read one verse, which lead me to another verse, and so on and so forth. God is cool like that:) If you want to read the blog here is today's message link (Potholes Required).

http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 1 Corinthians 12:9-10

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:1-4

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward [man] is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen [are] temporary, but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Isaiah 40:29

1 comment: